This Week’s News and Updates:
MAY 22 – MAY 26
The Athletic Department hopes that you have a restful summer. The Friday Athletic News will continue to go out each Friday in the summer. It will have the most accurate practice information for the upcoming week.
Soccer practices will begin the week of May 29.
Basketball practices will begin Tuesday, May 30.
Cross country practices will begin Monday, June 12.
Volleyball practices will begin Tuesday, June 13.
Lower School Summer Sports’ Camps
Swim Camp: May 15 – 18: Cancelled
Volleyball Camp: June 12-15
taught by John Jones, Westminster Varsity Girls’ Volleyball Coach
- Rising 3rd and 4th Grade Girls: 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Rising 5th and 6th Grade Girls: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Youth Speed Camp: June 19 – 23 at Blackwatch (Sportsblast)
- taught by Olympic gold medalist, Willie Smith III
- Ages: 8 to 13
- 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m./$250 per person
Since speed, agility and quickness are crucial for all sports, campers will learn the proper mechanics of running and movement in every direction. To register go to www.blackwatchsports.com/sports-performance/camps.
Tennis Camp: June 26-29
taught by Michele Mann, Westminster Varsity Boys’ and Girls’ Tennis Coach,
Beth Lloyd, Westminster Middle School Boys’ and Girls’ Tennis Coach, and
Steve Cochran, Teaching Pro with Baseline Birmingham
- Rising 3rd – 6th Grade Boys and Girls: 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Basketball Camp: July 10-13
taught by Mark Lloyd, Westminster Middle School Boys’ Basketball Coach
- Rising 3rd and 4th Grade Boys and Girls: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Rising 5th and 6th Grade Boys and Girls: 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Soccer Camp: July 24-27
taught by Patrick Fitzgerald, Westminster Varsity Boys’ and Girls’ Soccer Coach
- Ages 6 to 16: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Golf Camp at Ballantrae Golf Course: 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
The cost of each session is $85.
Contact Jerry Applegate at email@example.com
- Session 1 Tuesday, June 6 – Friday, June 9 (Ages 7-9)
- Session 2 Tuesday, June 13 – Friday, June 16 (Ages 10-12)
- Session 3 Tuesday, June 20 – Friday, June 23 (Ages 13-15)
The Westminster Swim and Dive team wants to encourage and assist any of our families who are interested in swim lessons or participating on a summer swim or dive team. Here is how we would like to help:
1) If you have already signed up, or know you are signing up, for either summer swim team, dive team, or for swim lessons, we would like to know about it. Westminster Swim and Dive is giving a Free Westminster swim cap to every student who lets us know that they are joining a summer swim team or taking swim lessons! Please see Mrs. White at the Lower School, or Mrs. Messer at the Upper School, to give your name and team and receive your swim cap.
2) If you are interested in summer swim team, dive team, or lessons, but need more information, please contact Joe Raines at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will be happy to give you information on teams or lessons in our area.
Please feel free to also contact Mr. Raines if you have any other questions about summer swim opportunities, Westminster Swim and Dive team, or swimming and diving in general.
WEEKLY PRACTICE SCHEDULE FOR MAY 15 – MAY 19
No Practices This Week
No Games This Week